Code 3 Associates provides professional support as well as technical animal rescue and recovery services to assist communities affected by man-made or natural disasters. We will provide these services to communities upon an official request for assistance from the local authorities during a disaster.
Establishment of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) prior to the onset of dramatic events allows us, as well as those who may be requesting our assistance, to know what resources would be provided. We also establish partnerships with other qualified organizations through Mutual Aid Agreements (MAA). These provide us with a greater resource base for assisting jurisdictions in need.
Areas of Service and Professional Support
• Professionally trained technical rescue personnel
• Experts in fire, flood, swiftwater, rope and confined space rescue
• Experts in handling all animal types: companion, livestock, exotics and wildlife
• Area evaluation and assessment
• Search and evacuation of animals
• Provide veterinary triage and evaluation capabilities
• Advise on the setup and coordination of a temporary emergency shelter
• Transportation of animals
• Recordkeeping and documentation for rescued animals
• Assist with reunification of animals with their families
• Assist and advise on relocation of unclaimed animals post event
• Provide additional resources when requested, often through our partner organizations
• Works with-in the NIMS system
Cost for Disaster Services
Disaster services are provided at no cost for the first week to the communities we assist, thanks to the generous gifts of our donors. Other reimbursements related to an operational deployment are subject to pre-established agreement in the MOU. Code 3 will not solicit on-site or solicit any local funding which interferes with local support or the needs of local animal agencies.
MOU/MAA Inquiries and Questions
Please contact us with questions regarding MOUs and MAAs. We would be happy to discuss our services with you and/or send you a sample MOU.
Eric Thompson 913-522-3064
Mike West 303-641-3971
Our response is 24/7 and 365 days a year