By Miroslav Verner
This fascinating new book—richly endowed with black-and-white old photos, colour plates of latest paintings, and informative illustrations—at final records the uncovering by way of a devoted group of Czech archaeologists of a hitherto ignored wealth of old continues to be relationship from the previous nation to the overdue interval. this is often Abusir, realm of Osiris, God of the useless, and its tale is one in every of either smooth archaeology and the long-buried mysteries that it seeks to uncover.
Read or Download Abusir: Realm of Osiris PDF
Similar african history books
Not like such a lot books on slavery within the Americas, this social historical past of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot global. Tracing the reports of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how past due post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured a number of the modifications in conception and relation that surprised either members and onlookers through the outstanding uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The foundation of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures through the celebrated Nigerian author and pupil Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going by means of the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a set of articles penned through Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The extensive subject is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at construction democracy and laying the foundation for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Dis-ease in the Colonial State: Medicine, Society, and Social Change Among the AbaNyole of Western Kenya: Medicine, Society and Social Change Among the ... Kenya (Contributions in Medical Studies)
- Revolution and Genocide in Ethiopia and Cambodia: A Comparative Study of Socialist Ethiopia and Democratic Kampuchea
- Muslim Women in Postcolonial Kenya: Leadership, Representation, and Social Change (Women in Africa and the Diaspora)
- The History of Ghana (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations)
- Afrocentric Traditions: 1 (Africana Studies)
- La fabrique des barbouzes: Histoire des réseaux Foccart en Afrique (Le Grand Jeu) (French Edition)
Additional resources for Abusir: Realm of Osiris