By Sir Williams Young
Read Online or Download Account of the Black Charaibs in the Island of St Vincent's (Cass Library of West Indian Studies) PDF
Similar african history books
Not like so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social heritage of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot global. Tracing the reports of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring motion pictures made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how past due post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured a number of the variations in conception and relation that shocked either individuals and onlookers in the course of the amazing uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The foundation of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures via the prestigious Nigerian author and student Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going by means of the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a set of articles penned by way of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The extensive subject matter is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at construction democracy and laying the root for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Sur les traces de René Caillié: Le Mali de 1828 revisité (French Edition)
- The Rorke's Drift Men: Heroes of the Zulu War
- Grandeur et décadence des Forces armées rwandaises (French Edition)
- Africa as a Living Laboratory: Empire, Development, and the Problem of Scientific Knowledge, 1870-1950
- Algeria and France: From Colonialism to Cooperation (Routledge Library Editions: North Africa)
- Intimate Colonialism: Head, Heart, and Body in West African Development Work (Writing Lives: Ethnographic Narratives)
Extra info for Account of the Black Charaibs in the Island of St Vincent's (Cass Library of West Indian Studies)