By Russell Lohse
ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS
Russell Lohse is an assistant professor of historical past at Pennsylvania kingdom University.
Read or Download Africans into Creoles: Slavery, Ethnicity, and Identity in Colonial Costa Rica (Diálogos Series) PDF
Best african history books
Not like so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social heritage of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the recent international. Tracing the studies of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how past due post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured a number of the changes in belief and relation that surprised either contributors and onlookers through the notable uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The inspiration of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures via the celebrated Nigerian author and student Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going via the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a suite of articles penned by means of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The huge subject is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at construction democracy and laying the root for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken over the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Medieval Africa, 1250–1800
- Postcolonial Conflict and the Question of Genocide: The Nigeria-Biafra War, 1967–1970 (The Routledge Global 1960s and 1970s Series)
- Women, Mission and Church in Uganda: Ethnographic encounters in an age of imperialism, 1895-1960s (Routledge Studies in Modern British History)
- BLACK SAINTS, MYSTICS AND HOLY FOLK: The Ancient African Liturgical Church - Volume 1
- Freedom's Seekers: Essays on Comparative Emancipation (Antislavery, Abolition, and the Atlantic World)
- Operations in North Africa and the Middle East 1942-1944: El Alamein, Tunisia, Algeria and Operation Torch (Despatches from the Front)
Additional info for Africans into Creoles: Slavery, Ethnicity, and Identity in Colonial Costa Rica (Diálogos Series)