By C. Sears
Read Online or Download American Slaves and African Masters: Algiers and the Western Sahara, 1776-1820 PDF
Similar african history books
Not like such a lot books on slavery within the Americas, this social background of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot global. Tracing the reviews of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how overdue post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured some of the alterations in conception and relation that shocked either contributors and onlookers throughout the outstanding uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The inspiration of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures by way of the celebrated Nigerian author and pupil Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going through the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a suite of articles penned by way of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The extensive subject matter is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the foundation for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- An Archaeology of Colonial Identity: Power and Material Culture in the Dwars Valley, South Africa (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology)
- The Oil Producing Community Identity in Nigeria: A Politico-economic Resource
- Highlife Saturday Night: Popular Music and Social Change in Urban Ghana (African Expressive Cultures)
- Saltwater Slavery: A Middle Passage from Africa to American Diaspora
- Gewalt gegenüber Frauen in Gefangenenlagern in Deutsch-Südwestafrika (German Edition)
- Kimbanguism: An African Understanding of the Bible (Signifying (on) Scriptures)
Additional info for American Slaves and African Masters: Algiers and the Western Sahara, 1776-1820