By Ousmane Oumar Kane
Read or Download Beyond Timbuktu PDF
Best african history books
In contrast to so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social heritage of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot global. Tracing the studies of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how past due post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured some of the ameliorations in conception and relation that surprised either individuals and onlookers through the striking uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The inspiration of Anomy is a suite of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures by means of the celebrated Nigerian author and pupil Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going by means of the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a suite of articles penned through Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The extensive subject is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the foundation for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken over the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- African Connections: Archaeological Perspectives on Africa and the Wider World (African Archaeology Series)
- The Dutch Atlantic: Slavery, Abolition and Emancipation (Decolonial Studies, Postcolonial Horizons)
- An Environmental History of Southern Malawi: Land and People of the Shire Highlands (Palgrave Studies in World Environmental History)
- The Great Treks: The Transformation of Southern Africa 1815-1854 (Turning Points)
- The Nature of German Imperialism: Conservation and the Politics of Wildlife in Colonial East Africa (Environment in History: International Perspectives)
Additional info for Beyond Timbuktu