By Darya Kavitskaya,Laurence Horn
Read or Download Compensatory Lengthening: Phonetics, Phonology, Diachrony (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics) PDF
Similar grammar books
This paintings originates from the necessity to enhance an built-in dynamic version of negation in discourse that's enough for figuring out the position of negation in an intensive and complicated piece of discourse. such a lot paintings on negation is strongly inspired via conventional philosopical difficulties, yet little paintings has been performed within the region of discourse.
In Indefinite gadgets, Luis López provides a singular method of the syntax-semantics interface utilizing indefinite noun words as a database. conventional methods map structural configurations to semantic interpretations at once; López hyperlinks configuration to a method of semantic composition, with the latter yielding the translation.
During this ebook, Omer Preminger investigates how the compulsory nature of predicate-argument contract is enforced via the grammar. Preminger argues that an empirically enough thought of predicate-argument contract calls for recourse to an operation, whose obligatoriness is a grammatical primitive no longer reducible to representational homes, yet whose profitable end result isn't enforced by means of the grammar.
First released in 1985, this booklet goals to strengthen an method of speech acts that has the advantage of being straight-forward, specific, formal and versatile sufficient to deal with a few of the extra common difficulties of interactive verbal communique. the 1st bankruptcy introduces scenario semantics with the second one addressing the assumptions implied by way of the matter of representing speaker intentionality.
- Grammatik des Deutschen im europäischen Vergleich: Das Nominal (Schriften des Instituts für Deutsche Sprache) (German Edition)
- Functional Grammar in the ESL Classroom: Noticing, Exploring and Practicing
- Syntactic Analysis: An HPSG-based Approach (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics)
- The Acquisition of Verbs and their Grammar:: The Effect of Particular Languages: 33 (Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics)
- Radical Construction Grammar: Syntactic Theory in Typological Perspective
Additional resources for Compensatory Lengthening: Phonetics, Phonology, Diachrony (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)