By Ivona Kučerová,Ad Neeleman
Read or Download Contrasts and Positions in Information Structure PDF
Similar grammar books
This paintings originates from the necessity to strengthen an built-in dynamic version of negation in discourse that's sufficient for figuring out the function of negation in an intensive and intricate piece of discourse. so much paintings on negation is strongly inspired through conventional philosopical difficulties, yet little paintings has been performed within the region of discourse.
In Indefinite items, Luis López provides a singular method of the syntax-semantics interface utilizing indefinite noun words as a database. conventional methods map structural configurations to semantic interpretations at once; López hyperlinks configuration to a style of semantic composition, with the latter yielding the translation.
During this ebook, Omer Preminger investigates how the compulsory nature of predicate-argument contract is enforced via the grammar. Preminger argues that an empirically enough concept of predicate-argument contract calls for recourse to an operation, whose obligatoriness is a grammatical primitive no longer reducible to representational homes, yet whose profitable fruits isn't really enforced via the grammar.
First released in 1985, this publication goals to strengthen an method of speech acts that has the advantage of being straight-forward, specific, formal and versatile sufficient to house the various extra normal difficulties of interactive verbal verbal exchange. the 1st bankruptcy introduces state of affairs semantics with the second one addressing the assumptions implied via the matter of representing speaker intentionality.
- The Structure of Words at the Interfaces (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics)
- Ruso para Dummies (Spanish Edition)
- Aspects of the Theory of Clitics (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics)
- Absolute Constructions in Early Indo-European (Cambridge Classical Studies)
- Interactions, Images and Texts: A Reader in Multimodality (Trends in Applied Linguistics [TAL])
- Grammatical Evolution: Evolutionary Automatic Programming in an Arbitrary Language (Genetic Programming)
Additional info for Contrasts and Positions in Information Structure