By Andrew Sewell
- Global English: A socio-linguistic toolkit
- Accents and conversation: Intelligibility in international English
- Teaching English Pronunciation: The types debate
- Somewhere among: accessory and pronunciation in Hong Kong
Researchers and practitioners of English experiences and utilized linguistics will locate this ebook an insightful resource.
Read Online or Download English Pronunciation Models in a Globalized World: Accent, Acceptability and Hong Kong English (Routledge Studies in World Englishes) PDF
Similar grammar books
This paintings originates from the necessity to strengthen an built-in dynamic version of negation in discourse that's sufficient for figuring out the function of negation in an intensive and complicated piece of discourse. so much paintings on negation is strongly prompted through conventional philosopical difficulties, yet little paintings has been performed within the sector of discourse.
In Indefinite gadgets, Luis López provides a singular method of the syntax-semantics interface utilizing indefinite noun words as a database. conventional methods map structural configurations to semantic interpretations at once; López hyperlinks configuration to a style of semantic composition, with the latter yielding the translation.
During this publication, Omer Preminger investigates how the compulsory nature of predicate-argument contract is enforced by means of the grammar. Preminger argues that an empirically sufficient thought of predicate-argument contract calls for recourse to an operation, whose obligatoriness is a grammatical primitive now not reducible to representational homes, yet whose winning end result isn't enforced by means of the grammar.
First released in 1985, this publication goals to improve an method of speech acts that has the advantage of being straight-forward, particular, formal and versatile adequate to house a number of the extra common difficulties of interactive verbal conversation. the 1st bankruptcy introduces scenario semantics with the second one addressing the assumptions implied through the matter of representing speaker intentionality.
- Mechanisms of Syntactic Change
- Network Morphology (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Complete Irish Beginner to Intermediate Book and Audio Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself (Complete Languages)
- Categorial Morphology (RLE Linguistics B: Grammar) (Routledge Library Editions: Linguistics)
Extra info for English Pronunciation Models in a Globalized World: Accent, Acceptability and Hong Kong English (Routledge Studies in World Englishes)