By Mark Gibney
This e-book records the present international refugee hindrance and examines the interrelated components of immigration enforcement, foreign human rights legislations, political violence, and refugee protection.
• presents the most recent empirical facts overlaying the final 30 years, interpreting the human rights practices of the states that produce nearly all of the world's asylum seekers
• contains a bankruptcy of over forty biographies of extraordinary refugees from all around the world.
• includes fundamental resource records of overseas treaties and protocols with regards to refugees, in addition to info figures revealing statistical tendencies of asylum seekers and displaced persons
Read or Download Global Refugee Crisis: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best disaster relief books
Rules of Emergency administration: possibility particular concerns and Mitigation bargains preparedness and mitigation suggestions for complex emergency making plans. simply because failures are so unpredictable, boost making plans is required to successfully reply to and mitigate opposed to the capability results of such occasions.
Detailing tools for getting ready firms for mess ups, this e-book discusses not just attempted and precise strategies, but additionally components frequently missed through the reactive and post-disaster stages. The authors handle particular issues vital in making plans for catastrophe administration, from chemical spills, floods, plane crashes, and terrorist assaults to catastrophic occasions.
Catastrophe administration is an more and more vital topic, as potent administration of either typical and artifical mess ups is key to avoid wasting lives and reduce casualties. This ebook discusses the simplest perform for very important components of catastrophe medication in either built and constructing international locations, together with making plans and preparedness of hospitals, emergency scientific companies, communique and IT instruments for clinical catastrophe reaction and psychosocial matters.
Domestic to hundreds of thousands of faults, California leads the state in frequency of earthquakes each year. regardless of enduring their percentage of the traditional failures, citizens nonetheless speculate over the inevitable great one. greater than 3 thousand humans misplaced their lives in the course of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. lengthy Beach�s 1933 earthquake triggered a lack of approximately $50 million in damages.
- The Age of Catastrophe: Disaster and Humanity in Modern Times
- Workplace Disaster Preparedness, Response, and Management
- An Introduction to Emergency Exercise Design and Evaluation
- Managing Critical Incidents and Large-Scale Event Security
- Still Standing?: Looking back at reconstruction and disaster risk reduction in housing
Additional info for Global Refugee Crisis: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)