By Virginia Yip,Stephen Matthews
* compatible for self sufficient novices and scholars on taught courses
* Many genuine examples from modern media, together with motion pictures, advertisements, songs and cleaning soap operas
* transparent contrast among colloquial and extra formal speech registers
* Teaches modern Cantonese as spoken in Hong Kong
Intermediate Cantonese and its sister quantity, Basic Cantonese, shape a dependent process the necessities of Cantonese grammar.
Read Online or Download Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks) PDF
Similar grammar books
This paintings originates from the necessity to strengthen an built-in dynamic version of negation in discourse that's enough for realizing the function of negation in an intensive and complicated piece of discourse. such a lot paintings on negation is strongly prompted through conventional philosopical difficulties, yet little paintings has been conducted within the region of discourse.
In Indefinite gadgets, Luis López provides a singular method of the syntax-semantics interface utilizing indefinite noun words as a database. conventional techniques map structural configurations to semantic interpretations without delay; López hyperlinks configuration to a method of semantic composition, with the latter yielding the translation.
During this publication, Omer Preminger investigates how the compulsory nature of predicate-argument contract is enforced by means of the grammar. Preminger argues that an empirically sufficient concept of predicate-argument contract calls for recourse to an operation, whose obligatoriness is a grammatical primitive no longer reducible to representational houses, yet whose profitable fruits isn't really enforced by means of the grammar.
First released in 1985, this publication goals to advance an method of speech acts that has the advantage of being straight-forward, particular, formal and versatile sufficient to deal with some of the extra common difficulties of interactive verbal verbal exchange. the 1st bankruptcy introduces state of affairs semantics with the second one addressing the assumptions implied through the matter of representing speaker intentionality.
- High School English Grammar and Composition Book (Regular Edition)
- Syntactic Variation and Genre (Topics in English Linguistics [TiEL])
- Coherence, Reference, and the Theory of Grammar (Lecture Notes)
- The Syntax of Verb Initial Languages (Oxford Studies in Comparative Syntax)
- Chinese Grammar: Synchronic and Diachronic Perspectives (Oxford Linguistics)
- Materials development for TESOL (Edinburgh Textbooks in TESOL EUP)
Extra resources for Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks)