By Philip Frankel
Read or Download Long Walk to Nowhere: Human Trafficking in Post-Mandela South Africa PDF
Best african history books
Not like so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social historical past of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the recent international. Tracing the studies of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how overdue post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured a number of the adjustments in belief and relation that surprised either members and onlookers throughout the impressive uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The inspiration of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures by way of the celebrated Nigerian author and pupil Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going through the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s restricted Democracy is a suite of articles penned by means of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The wide topic is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the root for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Coptic Christology in Practice: Incarnation and Divine Participation in Late Antique and Medieval Egypt (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- Bamako Sounds: The Afropolitan Ethics of Malian Music (A Quadrant Book)
- Between Homeland and Motherland: Africa, U.S. Foreign Policy, and Black Leadership in America
- Neoliberal Apartheid: Palestine/Israel and South Africa after 1994
- The Mind of Black Africa
- Young Turk Legacy and Nation Building, The: From the Ottoman Empire to Atatürk's Turkey (Library of Modern Middle East Studies)
Additional info for Long Walk to Nowhere: Human Trafficking in Post-Mandela South Africa