By Stefania Sesia,Issam Toufik,Matthew Baker
Adrian Scrase, ETSI Vice-President, overseas Partnership Projects
Following at the luck of the 1st variation, this publication is totally up to date, protecting the newest additions to LTE and the main gains of LTE-Advanced.
This publication builds at the good fortune of its predecessor, delivering an identical finished system-level knowing outfitted on factors of the underlying conception, now increased to incorporate whole assurance of unlock nine and the constructing necessities for LTE-Advanced. The ebook is a collaborative attempt of greater than forty key specialists representing over 20 businesses actively partaking within the improvement of LTE, in addition to academia. The publication highlights useful implications, illustrates the anticipated functionality, and attracts comparisons with the well known WCDMA/HSPA criteria. The authors not just pay unique cognizance to the actual layer, giving an perception into the basic ideas of OFDMA-FDMA and MIMO, but in addition conceal the better protocol layers and process structure to let the reader to achieve an total figuring out of the system.
Key New Features:
- Comprehensively up-to-date with the most recent alterations of the LTE free up eight requirements, together with superior insurance of Radio source administration RF features and function requirements
- Provides targeted assurance of the hot LTE liberate nine positive factors, together with: eMBMS, dual-layer beamforming, person apparatus positioning, domestic eNodeBs / femtocells and pico cells and self-optimizing networks
- Evaluates the LTE process performance
- Introduces LTE-Advanced, explaining its context and motivation, in addition to the major new good points together with: service aggregation, relaying, high-order MIMO, and Cooperative Multi-Point transmission (CoMP).
This ebook is a useful reference for all examine and improvement engineers concerned with implementation of LTE or LTE-Advanced, in addition to graduate and PhD scholars in instant communications. community operators, carrier prone and R&D managers also will locate this e-book insightful.
Read Online or Download LTE - The UMTS Long Term Evolution: From Theory to Practice PDF
Best mobile & wireless communications books
"Where this publication is phenomenal is that the reader won't simply learn the way LTE works yet why it works"Adrian Scrase, ETSI Vice-President, foreign Partnership ProjectsFollowing at the good fortune of the 1st version, this publication is absolutely up-to-date, protecting the most recent additions to LTE and the foremost positive factors of LTE-Advanced.
Cellular info subscriptions are anticipated to greater than double and cellular instant site visitors to extend by means of greater than tenfold over the following couple of years. Proliferation of clever telephones, pills, and different moveable units are putting better calls for for companies equivalent to net shopping, worldwide positioning, video streaming, and video telephony.
Up to date January, 2016. The best-selling, simplest, step by step, finished advisor to securing your house or enterprise Android cellphone and pill. thoroughly revised and up to date for Android five (Lollipop). professional workbook for the sensible Paranoia: protection necessities Workshop. Designed for either workshop use and self-study.
Know about the major applied sciences and comprehend the cutting-edge in study for full-duplex conversation networks and platforms with this accomplished and interdisciplinary consultant. Incorporating actual, MAC, community, and alertness layer views, it explains the basic theories on which full-duplex communications are equipped, and lays out the ideas wanted for community layout, research and optimization.
- Securing Cyber-Physical Systems
- Introduction to Communications Technologies: A Guide for Non-Engineers, Third Edition
- Eccentric Orbits: The Iridium Story - How a Single Man Saved the World's Largest Satellite Constellation From Fiery Destruction
- Green Communications and Networking
- Wireless Public Safety Networks 2: A Systematic Approach
Additional info for LTE - The UMTS Long Term Evolution: From Theory to Practice