By John Nunn
Going past commonplace texts, Dr Nunn exhibits find out how to follow wisdom of normal endgames to discover the fitting equipment in difficult real-life functional occasions - even if they fluctuate enormously from the idealized kinds given by means of conventional endgame manuals.
* Identifies new and demanding motifs which happen many times in over-the-board play
* Tactical components are seriously featured
* in lots of examples, past research is corrected
* specializes in endgames which are liable to concrete analysis
* Geared to the over-the-board participant - no composed or man made positions
* principles underlying research - even if complicated - are richly defined in words.
Nunn exhibits that loss of familiarity with key principles may cause very important principles and issues to be overlooked even via very powerful gamers. we find magnificent volume of formerly released endgame research is just mistaken, and that some of the usual directions are at top partly true.
This moment quantity makes a speciality of rook endgames - the most typical and critical classification of useful endgames. Nunn additionally covers endings with rooks and minor items, a large and wealthy sector of strategic endgame play that's universally famous as important for chess mastery, yet however ignored in chess literature.
Read Online or Download Nunn's Chess Endings Volume 2 PDF
Best board games books
Discovering an appropriate defence to at least one d4 isn’t a simple job, specially for those who don’t have unending time to be had to review all of the most up-to-date theoretical advancements. in the event you pick out stylish openings, it’s principal to maintain velocity with smooth idea with the intention to be successful with Black. people who are unwilling to turn into slaves to establishing conception needn't worry – this e-book offers an answer.
Bird's starting is an underrated and dynamic selection for White that instantly directs the sport into particularly unexplored territory, surroundings Black avid gamers early difficulties and forcing them to imagine for themselves instead of having the luxurious of counting on the speculation of extra mainstream openings. it is also a really versatile choice which may result in either sharp gambit play, comparable to the infamous From's Gambit, in addition to quieter positional traces.
An entire Black Repertoire opposed to 1. e4 equipped round the Super-solid Rubinstein! the forged Rubinstein version of the French protection regardless of its having been performed through international champions and elite grandmasters, it hasn't ever been subjected to distinct learn. the writer, German overseas grasp Hannes Langrock, has produced a ebook with whole insurance of this line, besides sturdy suggestions for Black should still White deviate at the moment or 3rd flow.
So much chess commencing books are both too particular or too shallow. Chess beginning necessities has precisely the correct stability and is an obtainable primer and a reference e-book whilst. It offers a flavour of the way each commencing works and explains the similarities with different openings, in addition to the diversities.
- Mastering Complex Endgames: Practical Lessons on Critical Ideas & Plans
- The Chess Tactics Detection Workbook
- The King's Indian Attack: Move by Move
- Jose Raul Capablanca: Third World Chess Champion (Chesscafe World Chess Champions Series) (The World Chess Champions Seri
- Mastering Chess Strategy
- Chess Training Pocket Book: 300 Most Important Positions (Third Revised Edition) (Comprehensive Chess Course Series)
Additional resources for Nunn's Chess Endings Volume 2