By Cecile Bishop
Read Online or Download Postcolonial Criticism and Representations of African Dictatorship: The Aesthetics of Tyranny (Research Monographs on French Studies) PDF
Similar african history books
In contrast to such a lot books on slavery within the Americas, this social historical past of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot global. Tracing the studies of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how overdue post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured some of the modifications in notion and relation that shocked either individuals and onlookers throughout the extraordinary uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The foundation of Anomy is a suite of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures via the celebrated Nigerian author and student Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going through the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s restricted Democracy is a suite of articles penned by way of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The vast subject matter is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the root for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- The Algerian War in French-Language Comics: Postcolonial Memory, History, and Subjectivity (After the Empire: The Francophone World and Postcolonial France)
- Taifa: Making Nation and Race in Urban Tanzania (New African Histories)
- Roman Conquests: North Africa
- Underwater Cultural Heritage and International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- Torture: The Role of Ideology in the French-Algerian War: Role of Ideology in the French/Algerian War
- Nouvelle histoire de l'Afrique françoise (French Edition)
Additional info for Postcolonial Criticism and Representations of African Dictatorship: The Aesthetics of Tyranny (Research Monographs on French Studies)