By A. Amoko
Read Online or Download Postcolonialism in the Wake of the Nairobi Revolution: Ngugi wa Thiong’o and the Idea of African Literature PDF
Best african history books
In contrast to such a lot books on slavery within the Americas, this social historical past of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot global. Tracing the reports of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how overdue post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured some of the differences in notion and relation that shocked either individuals and onlookers through the outstanding uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The inspiration of Anomy is a suite of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures by way of the prestigious Nigerian author and pupil Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going by way of the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a set of articles penned via Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The extensive topic is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the root for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Diwan Revisited: Literacy, State Formation and the Rise of Kanuri Domination (AD 1200-1600)
- On the African Waterfront: Urban Disorder and the Transformation of Work in Colonial Mombasa
- Women's Roles in the Middle East and North Africa (Women's Roles through History)
- Khartoum at Night: Fashion and Body Politics in Imperial Sudan
- The African Wars: Warriors and Soldiers of the Colonial Campaigns
- Performing Whitely in the Postcolony: Afrikaners in South African Theatrical and Public Life (Studies Theatre Hist & Culture)
Extra resources for Postcolonialism in the Wake of the Nairobi Revolution: Ngugi wa Thiong’o and the Idea of African Literature