By Anna Mystkowska-Wiertelak,Miroslaw Pawlak
Read or Download Production-oriented and Comprehension-based Grammar Teaching in the Foreign Language Classroom (Second Language Learning and Teaching) PDF
Best grammar books
This paintings originates from the necessity to improve an built-in dynamic version of negation in discourse that's enough for figuring out the function of negation in an intensive and intricate piece of discourse. such a lot paintings on negation is strongly encouraged through conventional philosopical difficulties, yet little paintings has been conducted within the quarter of discourse.
In Indefinite items, Luis López provides a unique method of the syntax-semantics interface utilizing indefinite noun words as a database. conventional techniques map structural configurations to semantic interpretations without delay; López hyperlinks configuration to a style of semantic composition, with the latter yielding the translation.
During this e-book, Omer Preminger investigates how the compulsory nature of predicate-argument contract is enforced through the grammar. Preminger argues that an empirically enough conception of predicate-argument contract calls for recourse to an operation, whose obligatoriness is a grammatical primitive now not reducible to representational homes, yet whose winning fruits isn't enforced through the grammar.
First released in 1985, this ebook goals to enhance an method of speech acts that has the advantage of being straight-forward, particular, formal and versatile adequate to deal with some of the extra normal difficulties of interactive verbal verbal exchange. the 1st bankruptcy introduces scenario semantics with the second one addressing the assumptions implied through the matter of representing speaker intentionality.
- The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Syntax (Oxford Handbooks)
- Basic Word Order (RLE Linguistics B: Grammar): Functional Principles (Routledge Library Editions: Linguistics)
- Anaphora Resolution (Studies in Language and Linguistics)
- Punctuation at Work: Simple Principles for Achieving Clarity and Good Style
- Abused, Confused, and Misused Words: A Writer's Guide to Usage, Spelling, Grammar, and Sentence Structure
- Deconstructing the English Passive (Topics in English Linguistics [TiEL])
Additional resources for Production-oriented and Comprehension-based Grammar Teaching in the Foreign Language Classroom (Second Language Learning and Teaching)