By Erica Chenoweth,Adria Lawrence,Stathis Kalyvas
Read or Download Rethinking Violence: States and Non-State Actors in Conflict (Belfer Center Studies in International Security) PDF
Best freedom & security books
The mechanized infantry is likely one of the least-studied parts of the U. S. Army's strive against fingers, and its such a lot visable piece of kit, the Bradley scuffling with motor vehicle, is without doubt one of the military's so much debatable items of apparatus. This examine strains the belief of mechanized infantry from its roots within the early armored operations of worldwide struggle I, via its fruition in international conflict II, to its drastic transformation in accordance with the specter of a nuclear, organic, and chemical battlefield.
This edited ebook examines the East German international intelligence provider (Hauptverwaltung Aufklärung, or HVA) as a ancient challenge, protecting politics, scientific-technical and army intelligence and counterintelligence. The individuals expand the traditional view of East German international intelligence as driven by the inter-German clash to include its concentrating on of the United States, northern ecu and Scandinavian international locations, highlighting components that experience formerly bought scant recognition, like scientific-technical and armed forces intelligence.
A learn of postwar schooling in Japan that's meant to make clear the advance of eastern academic coverage. significant academic records are integrated, a few taken from files of the yankee career forces and others being unique translations from eastern sources.
Many feminists have believed that govt is the average best friend of the women's move. even though, this publication demonstrates that the other is correct: executive has lengthy been an immense oppressor of girls and their rights. Feminism isn't really a brand new political strength; its origins could be traced again to the abolitionist flow ahead of the Civil struggle.
- Forensic Investigation of Stolen-Recovered and Other Crime-Related Vehicles
- Understanding Civil-Military Interaction: Lessons Learned from the Norwegian Model (Military Strategy and Operational Art)
- Israel's Wars of Attrition: Attrition Challenges to Democratic States (Middle Eastern Military Studies)
- National Solutions to Trans-Border Problems?: The Governance of Security and Risk in a Post-NAFTA North America (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- Japan's Relations with North Korea and the Recalibration of Risk (Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series)
- Wake Up Call for Indian Republic
Additional resources for Rethinking Violence: States and Non-State Actors in Conflict (Belfer Center Studies in International Security)