By Sous la direction de Jean-Paul Barbiche et Stéphane Valter
Read Online or Download Sociétés coloniales et sociétés modernes (Université) (French Edition) PDF
Similar african history books
Not like so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social heritage of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the recent international. Tracing the stories of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring motion pictures made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how past due post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured a number of the alterations in conception and relation that shocked either contributors and onlookers through the notable uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The foundation of Anomy is a suite of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures by way of the prestigious Nigerian author and student Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going via the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a set of articles penned by way of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The huge subject matter is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the foundation for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken over the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- The Indian Ocean Rim: Southern Africa and Regional Cooperation (Routledgecurzon--Iias Asian Studies)
- Five Years of a Hunter's Life in the Far Interior of South Africa - Vol. I
- South Africa - The Present as History: From Mrs Ples to Mandela and Marikana
- Kwame Nkrumah's Politico-Cultural Thought and Politics: An African-Centered Paradigm for the Second Phase of the African Revolution (African Studies)
- Vandals, Romans and Berbers: New Perspectives on Late Antique North Africa
- The Green State in Africa (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
Extra resources for Sociétés coloniales et sociétés modernes (Université) (French Edition)