By Timothy Power
Read or Download The Red Sea from Byzantium to the Caliphate: AD 500–1000 PDF
Best african history books
Not like so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social historical past of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the hot international. Tracing the reviews of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how past due post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured the various alterations in conception and relation that shocked either members and onlookers through the outstanding uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The foundation of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures through the prestigious Nigerian author and student Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going through the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a set of articles penned via Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The huge subject matter is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at development democracy and laying the root for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken during the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Mandela, l’apartheid e il nuovo Sudafrica: Ombre e luci su una storia tutta da scrivere (Italian Edition)
- African-Centred Management Education: A New Paradigm for an Emerging Continent
- The Cult of the Modern: Trans-Mediterranean France and the Construction of French Modernity (France Overseas: Studies in Empire and Decolonization)
- The Asaba Massacre: Trauma, Memory, and the Nigerian Civil War
- The Archaeology of Ethiopia: Shaping an Identity
- South Sudan: A New History for a New Nation (Ohio Short Histories of Africa)
Extra info for The Red Sea from Byzantium to the Caliphate: AD 500–1000