By Asier Alcázar,Mario Saltarelli
Read Online or Download The Syntax of Imperatives (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics) PDF
Similar grammar books
This paintings originates from the necessity to increase an built-in dynamic version of negation in discourse that's sufficient for figuring out the position of negation in an in depth and intricate piece of discourse. such a lot paintings on negation is strongly prompted by way of conventional philosopical difficulties, yet little paintings has been performed within the region of discourse.
In Indefinite gadgets, Luis López provides a singular method of the syntax-semantics interface utilizing indefinite noun words as a database. conventional techniques map structural configurations to semantic interpretations without delay; López hyperlinks configuration to a method of semantic composition, with the latter yielding the translation.
During this publication, Omer Preminger investigates how the compulsory nature of predicate-argument contract is enforced via the grammar. Preminger argues that an empirically enough conception of predicate-argument contract calls for recourse to an operation, whose obligatoriness is a grammatical primitive no longer reducible to representational houses, yet whose profitable end result isn't enforced by way of the grammar.
First released in 1985, this booklet goals to enhance an method of speech acts that has the advantage of being straight-forward, specific, formal and versatile adequate to house some of the extra basic difficulties of interactive verbal communique. the 1st bankruptcy introduces scenario semantics with the second one addressing the assumptions implied via the matter of representing speaker intentionality.
- Valenzgrammatik des Deutschen: Eine Einführung (de Gruyter Studium) (German Edition)
- Truth without Predication: The Role of Placing in the Existential There-Sentence (Palgrave Studies in Pragmatics, Language and Cognition)
- Modern Grammars of Case
- Perspectives on Classifier Constructions in Sign Languages
- A New Architecture for Functional Grammar (Mouton de Gruyter) (Functional Grammar Series)
- Vowel/Glide Alternation in a Theory of Constraint Interaction (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
Extra info for The Syntax of Imperatives (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)