By Cheryl R. Rodriguez,Cheryl R. Rodriguez ,Dzodzi Tsikata,Akosua Adomako Ampofo,Nana Akua Anyidoho,Yveline Bass,A. Lynn Bolles,Manoucheka Celeste,Betty Akullu Ezati,Majorie Mbilinyi,Jody Lynn McBrien,Marilyn R. A. Ossome,Lara Stein Pardo,Rachel Afi Quinn,Ro
Read or Download Transatlantic Feminisms: Women and Gender Studies in Africa and the Diaspora PDF
Best african history books
In contrast to so much books on slavery within the Americas, this social historical past of Africans and their enslaved descendants in colonial Costa Rica recounts the adventure of particular humans from West Africa to the recent global. Tracing the reports of Africans on Danish slave ships that arrived in Costa Rica in 1710, the Christianus Quintus and Fredericus Quartus, the writer examines slavery in Costa Rica from 1600 to 1750.
Exploring movies made in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria from 1985 to 2009, Suzanne Gauch illustrates how overdue post-independence and early twenty-first century North African cinema prefigured the various modifications in belief and relation that surprised either contributors and onlookers throughout the striking uprisings of the 2011 Arab Spring.
The foundation of Anomy is a suite of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures through the prestigious Nigerian author and pupil Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going by way of the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
Democradura: Essays On Nigeria’s constrained Democracy is a suite of articles penned by means of Professor Femi Mimiko, mni, over a 30-year interval. The vast subject matter is Nigeria's tortuous makes an attempt at construction democracy and laying the foundation for nation-building and inclusive improvement, undertaken over the last fifty seven years of the country's relative political independence.
- Die Internetpräsenz afrikanischer Sprachen: Im staatlichen Sektor sowie in multinationalen Projekten (German Edition)
- Mali in Perspective - Orientation Guide and Tamashek Cultural Orientation: Geography, History, Economy, Security, Niger, Timbuktu, Kidal, Dogon, Senufo, Tuareg, Mande, Fulani, Maure, Bamako, Mopti
- Specters of the Atlantic: Finance Capital, Slavery, and the Philosophy of History
- Osun across the Waters: A Yoruba Goddess in Africa and the Americas
- Entstehung und Folgen der Schriftkultur (German Edition)
- Histoire du drame algérien 1954-1962 (French Edition)
Extra info for Transatlantic Feminisms: Women and Gender Studies in Africa and the Diaspora