By John J. Galluzzo
Read Online or Download When Hull Freezes Over: Historic Winter Tales from the Massachusetts Shore (American Chronicles) PDF
Best disaster relief books
Rules of Emergency administration: probability particular concerns and Mitigation bargains preparedness and mitigation techniques for complicated emergency making plans. simply because mess ups are so unpredictable, improve making plans is required to successfully reply to and mitigate opposed to the capability results of such occasions.
Detailing tools for getting ready companies for failures, this ebook discusses not just attempted and actual strategies, but in addition parts frequently neglected throughout the reactive and post-disaster stages. The authors handle specified issues very important in making plans for catastrophe administration, from chemical spills, floods, plane crashes, and terrorist assaults to catastrophic occasions.
Catastrophe administration is an more and more vital topic, as powerful administration of either usual and artifical failures is vital to save lots of lives and reduce casualties. This e-book discusses the simplest perform for important components of catastrophe medication in either constructed and constructing international locations, together with making plans and preparedness of hospitals, emergency scientific companies, communique and IT instruments for scientific catastrophe reaction and psychosocial concerns.
Domestic to 1000's of faults, California leads the country in frequency of earthquakes each year. regardless of enduring their proportion of the usual mess ups, citizens nonetheless speculate over the inevitable colossal one. greater than 3 thousand humans misplaced their lives throughout the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. lengthy Beach�s 1933 earthquake brought on a lack of approximately $50 million in damages.
- Rethinking Disaster Recovery: A Hurricane Katrina Retrospective
- Understanding, Assessing, and Responding to Terrorism: Protecting Critical Infrastructure and Personnel
- Dynamics of Disaster: Lessons on Risk, Response and Recovery (The Earthscan Science in Society Series)
- Using Robots in Hazardous Environments: Landmine Detection, De-Mining and Other Applications
- Journey to Chernobyl: Encounters in a Radioactive Zone
- The Private Sector's Role in Disasters: Leveraging the Private Sector in Emergency Management
Additional info for When Hull Freezes Over: Historic Winter Tales from the Massachusetts Shore (American Chronicles)