By Michael T. Muhammad
Read or Download Who Do You Say I Am?: The Betrayal & Crucifixion of Louis Farrakhan (Revised) PDF
Best islam books
Public curiosity within the faith of Islam and in Muslim groups in recent times has generated an impetus for Western Universities to set up an array of Institutes and courses devoted to the examine of Islam. regardless of the expansion in variety of courses devoted to this learn, little or no realization has been paid to the right form of such courses and the assumptions that should underlie this sort of learn.
We're stuck up within the cycle of so-called "holy wars. " within the Jihad of Jesus, Dave Andrews argues that whereas this inter-communal clash is endemic, it isn't inevitable. looking on our realizing, our religions will be both a resource of escalating clash or a source for overcoming inter-communal clash; and for our religions to be a source for overcoming clash, we have to comprehend the center of all precise faith as open-hearted compassionate spirituality.
Inside western political, media and educational discourses, Muslim groups are predominantly noticeable in the course of the prism in their Islamic religiosities, but there exist inside of diasporic groups specific and intricate secularisms. Drawing on unique interview and ethnographic fabric accumulated within the united kingdom, this e-book examines the ways that a sort of secularism - ’non-Islamiosity’ - among participants of the Iranian diaspora shapes rules and practices of diasporic group and identification, in addition to wider social family members.
This publication explores the social lifetime of Muslim ladies and Christian minorities amid Islamic and Christian routine in city Java, Indonesia. Drawing on anthropological views and 14 months of player statement among 2009 and 2013 within the multi-religious Javanese urban of Salatiga, this ethnography examines the interrelations among Islamic piety, Christian identification, and gendered sociability in a time of a number of non secular revivals.
- Muslim Citizens in the West: Spaces and Agents of Inclusion and Exclusion
- Christian and Islamic Theology of Religions: A Critical Appraisal (Routledge Studies in Religion)
- Conversations on Fethullah Gülen and the Hizmet Movement: Dreaming for a Better World
- The Development of Islamic Ritual (The Formation of the Classical Islamic World)
- Hintergründe des hadd al-Ridda (Apostasiestrafe) im islamischen Recht und die heutige Diskussion über das Todesurteil (German Edition)
- A New Anthropology of Islam (New Departures in Anthropology)
Extra info for Who Do You Say I Am?: The Betrayal & Crucifixion of Louis Farrakhan (Revised)