Big Animal Resources, Needs and Sheltering (BARNS)
Emergency Animal Sheltering
August 2, 2021 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hosted By: St. Charles Parish Animal Shelter thanks to a grant from ASPCA for Louisiana Disaster Preparedness.
The BARNS course provides emergency management, ACO’s, shelter managers, first responders, and animal emergency response and volunteers a solid foundation in animal emergency handling and sheltering. This course prepares agency officials and teams with the necessary tools for a smooth-running and safe operation.
- Topics include identifying and building your region’s emergency response capability, emergency sheltering operations, animal behavior and handling, animal decontamination overview and more.
- St. Charles Parish Emergency Operations Center 15026 River Road, Hahnville, LA 70057
Equipment necessary for class
- Appropriate footwear – closed toed boots
- Long pants
- Clothing appropriate for outdoor conditions
- Clipboard / pen
- Class is sponsored by St. Charles Parish Animal Shelter thanks to a grant from ASPCA for Louisiana Disaster Preparedness for Louisiana municipal animal control/shelter workers.
- If you are not a Louisiana municipal animal control/shelter worker your registration fee is $150 due at time of class.
- Registration is required to attend.
- For more information Contact Code 3 Associates Garret Leonard at 303-489-5945
Date & Time
15026 River Road,
Hahnville, LA 70057
Online registration is no longer available for this class, please call 303-772-7724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about registering.