Animal Fire Training, Evacuation and Rescue (AFTER)
Animal Fire Training, Evacuation and Rescue
Second Date Added! December 15, 2022 ‐ Virtual
This one day course will provide animal responders with the basic knowledge and safety skills needed to integrate with firefighters within the urban interface of Wildland Fire. It will also give seasoned firefighters insight for dealing with animal rescue during fire events.
This course was created for fire, rescue, and law enforcement personnel; animal control officers; livestock professionals and veterinary professionals; and anyone else who might be called upon to assist with .
Upon successful completion of this curriculum (cumulative average score of 80% or above) students will receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to apply for continuing education credits (CEUs) from Colorado State University. Veterinary professionals are eligible to apply for CEUs from Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
AFTER Instruction includes:
- Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior with focus on the Interface
- The Human Aspect of Fire Awareness
- Scene Assessment for Animal Rescue Evacuation and Safety
Tuition, Registration & Payment
The tuition for AFTER is $25. The remainder of class expense is subsidized thanks to an ASPCA grant.
Training participants will be assessed a 25% fee on any cancellation made two weeks or less prior to class date, no refunds will be issued if the cancellation is made 0-5 days prior to the training. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances and/or credits could be applied to future Code 3 training, please contact us regarding all cancellations.
This is a virtual class and refunds will not be provided for any internet or technology related issues. If issues arise the student may be provided with the option to attend another scheduled training session to complete any instruction missed due to connectivity issues.
As a result of pandemic related uncertainties, we are currently not accepting payment at the time of registration. You may bring payment with you to class or send a check through the mail, or you may pay by credit card. Once class attendance meets minimum requirements, invoices will be automatically sent. If you need an invoice in advance, please contact us.
Please email us, email@example.com, with any questions.
Details on Virtual Class
- The virtual AFTER class is taken via computer with the ability for students to interact with each other and the instructors.
- Computer with webcam, microphone and reliable internet access are required for attendance.
- 100% attendance is required with participation options available through the student’s microphone and/or through type-written communications.
- Class materials will be emailed in advance in pdf form – students are expected to download the pdf before the start of class.
- Class will be held December 15, 2022 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME
Date & Time
Online registration is no longer available for this class, please call 303-772-7724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about registering.