Big Animal Resources, Needs and Sheltering (BARNS)
Large Animal Sheltering, Behavior and Decontamination Training
June 19-20, 2021 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Class is currently full. If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The BARNS course provides emergency management, ACO’s, shelter managers, first responders, and animal emergency response and volunteers a solid foundation in large animal (equines and other livestock) emergency handling and sheltering. This course prepares agency officials and teams with the necessary tools for a smooth-running and safe operation.
Approved by VDACS for 16 hours of continuing education hours for Virginia ACO’s.
- Day 1 topics include identifying and building your region’s emergency response capability, emergency sheltering operations, large animal behavior and handling, large animal decontamination overview and more.
- Day 2 is hands-on practical learning with animals and a sheltering response exercise.
- June 19, 2021 Louisa Volunteer Fire Department Banquet Hall, 300 E. Main St, Louisa, VA.
- June 20, 2021 Serenity Farms Equine Sanctuary, 2854 Byrd Mill Rd, Louisa, VA.
Equipment necessary for class
- Appropriate footwear – closed toed boots
- Long pants
- Leather gloves
- Clothing appropriate for outdoor conditions
- Clipboard / pen
- Class is sponsored by HALTER Project, Blue Ridge Trailers and Serenity Farm Equine Sanctuary
- Registration is required to attend.
- For more information Contact Ann Melle at 540-872-8335 Or Garret Leonard at 303-489-5945
Date & Time
300 E. Main Street
Louisa, VA 23093