Essential Animal Services Training (EAST)
Credentialed Animal Control & Cruelty Investigations Training
Module A ‐ May 10-14, 2021 ‐ Virtual (Pacific Standard Time)
Essential Animal Services Training (EAST) Academy is intended for a wide variety of professionals including animal cruelty investigators, animal control officers, veterinary professionals, animal welfare workers, members of animal rescue groups & others who are responsible for the care and control of animals and the investigation of animal cruelty cases. The EAST Academy curriculum consists of three 40 hour modules, each providing instruction in all aspects of animal control and animal cruelty investigations. We recommend Module A be taken first, and modules B and C may be taken in any order.
Upon successful completion of this curriculum (cumulative average score of 80% or above) students will receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to apply for continuing education credits (CEUs) from Colorado State University. Veterinary professionals are eligible to apply for CEUs from Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
EAST Academy continues the exemplary Code 3 standard of outstanding faculty who are qualified to teach the various subjects, not only by knowledge but also by experience. All of our faculty have “been there and done that” with practical field application.
MODULE A includes
- The Professional & Ethical Officer
- Companion Animal Capture & Handling
- Rabies & Quarantine
- Canine & Feline Identification
- Authority, Laws & Ordinances, Policies &Procedures
- Interviewing & Behavior Analysis
- Search & Seizure, w/ Juveniles & Liability
- Investigative Report Writing
- Biosecurity & Zoonotic Diseases
- Injury Assessment & Veterinary Evaluations
- Canine & Feline Behavior
Tuition, Registration & Payment
The tuition for attending Essential Animal Services Training Academy Modules A or B virtually beginning March 1, 2021 is $475 per module. For a limited time, Code 3 ACO Coalition members will receive a $50 discount on EAST Academy courses scheduled after March 1, 2021, in-person and virtual, when registering with the coupon code (found on the Coalition Members Only website page).
Registration should be received at least 45 days prior to class start date. Full payment is due by the first day of class.
Training participants will be assessed a 25% fee on any cancellation made two weeks or less prior to class date, no refunds will be issued if the cancellation is made 0-5 days prior to the training. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances and/or credits could be applied to future Code 3 training, please contact us regarding all cancellations.
This is a virtual class and refunds will not be provided for any internet or technology related issues. If issues arise the student may be provided with the option to attend another scheduled training session to complete any instruction missed due to connectivity issues.
As a result of pandemic related uncertainties, we are currently not accepting payment at the time of registration. We can invoice you before the start of class, and you may bring payment with you to class or submit payment upon receipt of an invoice.
Please email us, email@example.com, with any questions.
Details on Virtual Class
- The virtual EAST Module A is 40 hours of class taken via computer with the ability for students to interact with each other and the instructors.
- Computer with webcam, microphone and reliable internet access are required for attendance.
- 100% attendance is required with participation options available through the student’s microphone and/or through type-written communications.
- Class materials will be emailed in advance in pdf form – students are expected to download the pdf before the start of class.
- Class will be Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm PACIFIC STANDARD TIME and each day (except Monday) will begin with a quiz.
- In addition to the daily quizzes, virtual students will also be expected to complete additional projects to show comprehension of the class materials and obtain credentialing. These projects must be completed within 14 days of the conclusion of class. Module A projects include completing a written investigative report based on a provided scenario and completing an open ended, short answer quiz.
Date & Time
Bookings are closed for this class, please call 303-772-7724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.