Livestock Trailer Accidents
April 10, 2024 – 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Mountain Time) – Virtual
Livestock trailer accidents can present complex and challenging scenarios for responders. This comprehensive training course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to respond effectively and safely to such emergencies. Participants will learn to assess the situation, establish safety protocols, and execute appropriate rescue and containment strategies.
- Understanding the dynamics of livestock trailer accidents
- Initial assessment and safety precautions
- Animal extraction strategies and tactical considerations
- Temporary containment methods and group unloading techniques
- Decision-making for injured animals and humane considerations
- Livestock injury and pain analysis and veterinary involvement
- Trailer extrication tools and operational protocols
- Vital signs for animal assessment and critical observations
- Effective and humane methods for calming and moving animals during emergencies
Who Should Attend:
This training is ideal for emergency responders, animal control officers, veterinary professionals, and anyone involved in livestock transportation or rescue operations. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or new to emergency response, this course will provide valuable insights and practical skills to enhance your effectiveness in responding to livestock trailer accidents.
Note: This training program emphasizes the importance of prioritizing safety for responders and animals in emergencies. Participants will gain practical knowledge to handle real-life scenarios with confidence and competence.
Tuition, Registration & Payment
Registration & payment should be received by April 10, 2024.
Training participants will be assessed a 25% fee on any cancellation made two weeks or less before the class date, no refunds will be issued if the cancellation is made 0-5 days before the training. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances, and/or credits could be applied to future Code 3 training. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us regarding all cancellations.
This is a virtual class, and refunds will not be provided for any internet or technology-related issues. If issues arise, the student may be allowed to attend another scheduled training session to complete any instruction missed due to connectivity issues.
Please email us, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Details on Virtual Class
- The virtual class is taken via computer, allowing students to interact with each other and the instructors.
- A computer with a webcam, microphone, and reliable internet access are required for attendance.
- 100% attendance is required, with participation options available through the student’s microphone and/or type-written communications.
- Class materials will be emailed in advance in pdf form – students are expected to download the pdf before the start of class.
- The class will be held on April 10, 2024 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. MOUNTAIN TIME
Date & Time