Search and Rescue Awareness (SAR)
Credentialed Search and Rescue
January 27, 2024 ‐ Virtual
This 3-hour course will give animal responders the basic knowledge and safety skills needed to integrate with traditional Search and Rescue. This introduces the fundamentals of search and rescue for human safety and animals in a disaster. It will give guidelines for training relating to ASAR (Animal Search and Rescue) and introduce fundamentals and principles for animal response, allowing for better integration of animal responders with more traditional response efforts.
This course was created for fire, rescue, law enforcement personnel; animal control officers; livestock professionals, and veterinary professionals; and anyone else who might be called to assist with Search and Rescue.
Upon successful completion of this curriculum (cumulative average score of 80% or above), students will receive a certificate of completion.
S.A.R. Instruction includes:
- Fundamentals and principles for conducting a search
- Considerations in executing the rescue
- Personal and victim safety practices
- Scene Assessment and considerations for animal response
Tuition, Registration & Payment
The tuition for SAR is $25.00. Registration & payment should be received by January 27, 2024.
Training participants will be assessed a 25% fee on any cancellation made two weeks or less prior to class date, no refunds will be issued if the cancellation is made 0-5 days prior to the training. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances and/or credits could be applied to future Code 3 training, please contact us regarding all cancellations.
This is a virtual class, and refunds will not be provided for any internet or technology-related issues. If issues arise the student may be provided with the option to attend another scheduled training session to complete any instruction missed due to connectivity issues.
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Details on Virtual Class
- Our virtual classes are taken via computer, allowing students to interact with each other and the instructors.
- A computer with a webcam, microphone, and reliable internet access are required for attendance.
- 100% attendance is required, with participation options available through the student’s microphone and through type-written communications.
- Class materials will be emailed in advance in pdf form – students are expected to download the pdf before the start of class.
- Class will be held January 27, 2024 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME
Date & Time