Search and Rescue Awareness (SAR)
Credentialed Search and Rescue
January 22, 2022 ‐ Virtual
This 4 hour course will provide animal responders with the basic knowledge and safety skills needed to integrate with traditional Search and Rescue . This introduces the fundamentals of search and rescue as it relates to human safety and animals in a disaster situation. Will give guidelines for training relating to ASAR as well as introducing fundamentals and principles for animal response, allowing for better integration of animal responders with more traditional response efforts.
This course was created for fire, rescue, and law enforcement personnel; animal control officers; livestock professionals and veterinary professionals; and anyone else who might be called upon to assist with Search and Rescue .
Upon successful completion of this curriculum (cumulative average score of 80% or above) students will receive a certificate of completion
S.A.R. Instruction includes:
- Fundamentals and principles for in conducting a search
- Considerations in executing the rescue
- Personal and victim safety practices
- Scene Assessment and considerations for animal response
Tuition, Registration & Payment
The tuition for SAR is $75.00
Training participants will be assessed a 25% fee on any cancellation made two weeks or less prior to class date, no refunds will be issued if the cancellation is made 0-5 days prior to the training. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances and/or credits could be applied to future Code 3 training, please contact us regarding all cancellations.
This is a virtual class and refunds will not be provided for any internet or technology related issues. If issues arise the student may be provided with the option to attend another scheduled training session to complete any instruction missed due to connectivity issues.
As a result of pandemic related uncertainties, we are currently not accepting payment at the time of registration. You may bring payment with you to class or send a check through the mail, please let us know if you would like an invoice. If you wish to pay by credit card please contact us for a credit card invoice.
Please email us, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Details on Virtual Class
- The virtual SAR class is taken via computer with the ability for students to interact with each other and the instructors.
- Computer with webcam, microphone and reliable internet access are required for attendance.
- 100% attendance is required with participation options available through the student’s microphone and/or through type-written communications.
- Class materials will be emailed in advance in pdf form – students are expected to download the pdf before the start of class.
- Class will be held January 22, 2022 from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME
Date & Time