ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER CERTIFICATION
Certification Levels for ACOs
In partnership with Colorado State University, Code 3 has established three levels of certification for Animal Control Officers and Animal Welfare Professionals – Certified Animal Control Officer, Animal Cruelty Investigator and Master Animal Cruelty Investigator.
These certification levels are achieved through the completion of our Essential Animal Services Training (EAST) Academy and Equine Investigations Academy (EIA). Participants need to successfully pass the following training to achieve the designated certification:
Certified Animal Control Officer: EAST Modules A and B
Certified Animal Cruelty Investigator: EAST Modules A, B and C
Master Animal Cruelty Investigator: EAST A, B, C plus EIA Levels I and II
Continuing Education Requirement
- Certified participants will need to complete 30 hours of CE credits or additional levels of certification in this program over the 3-year term.
- CE credits can be completed through Code 3 or other approved training programs and educational opportunities.
- Requests for CE approval outside of Code 3 training can be submitted to info@code3associates for consideration.
- Retroactive certification requests will be considered for training completed within three years prior to Jan 1, 2021.
- If you have completed any of the certification levels above in the last 3 years, you can send a request for certification to email@example.com.
- Approved retroactive certifications MUST complete at least 10 hours of CE credits or additional Code 3 investigators training in the first year to maintain their retroactive certification.